Friday

Building Houses From Scraps


Hello friends, long time since my last blog. 
I went to Iceland to celebrate Christmas with my family. 
It was nice, lots of snow.

Started my first block there
"Building Houses From Scraps"
I'll not be making one a day, just when I feel like it.
I have so many other projects going, 
I really should not start this one - but I did.
I'm still working on "Sweet Nostalgia" December block,
My Flower Garden is growing,
The Civil War Bride is resting, I have 9 blocks done,
Still working on DJ and I'm quilting The Farmhouse. 
Yes, and I'm still collecting "Siggies",
two were waiting for me when I came back home.


The newest family member is Kolur, German Shepherd four months old puppy,
belongs to my son, isn't it just gorgeous????


Some pictures from Reykjavík, this is Hallgrímskirkja
the largest church in Iceland,  (74,5 meters (244 ft))
The church is named after the Icelandic poet and clergyman Hallgrímur Pétursson.

This is just a small street called Lokastígur near the church.

And this is the Einar Jónsson (Icelandic sculptor) Museum, 
just opposite the church.


I wish you all a Healthy and a good Stitching-Quilting New Year.

Paula

8 comments:

susis quilts said...

dear paua,your little house looks very nice,and the pictures of rejkjavik are beautiful,wish we had some snow here in northern germany,susi

tiny said...

Hi Paula, you make a loveley house, and your picture's from Iceland er beautiful. What a snow. And than the dog oooo....so gorgeous!!! Have a nice weekend Tiny

Aunt 'Reen said...

Happy New Year Paula!
Glad to hear you spent the holidays with your family in Iceland! Beautiful pictures, precious puppy and lovely little house block!

Jane in Cumbria said...

Lovely to see that someone has snow.... Your little house is beautiful.
Jane

Melody said...

Lovely little house and adorable photo of Kolur

Karen said...

Look at all the snow, not a flake here! Kolur is so sweet and I like your little house. I was not able to say no either and started piecing one together today. ;)

Dorothy said...

Paula, your son's new puppy is adorable. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy New Year.

Kerstin said...

Hi Paula, that puppy is soooo cute.
those pictures from Reykjavík are beautiful. so much snow.