Tuesday

Sweet Nostalgia


Sweet Nostalgia finished at last.




It only took me 12 months to stitch the 12 blocks. Then it took me more than a year to finish it.
Of course I have been working on other thing too.
 I'm happy it is finished and 
I do like the quilt. 
The pattern was some years ago a block of the month  from Dorothy  


A sweater for my son, the writer, 
the pattern is from an old Icelandic book, called Skaftafell's Book.
By Jon Einarsson, (1731-1798) a skilled craftsman from Skaftafell. 
The yarn is Icelandic lopi, I must say I don't like lopi 
and I told my son, "this is the last time I use LOPI for knitting".
(I might have said that before).


"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." Albert Einstein     

Until next time. Happy quilting.

Paula


8 comments:

tiny said...

Your quilt looks beautiful, and better late than never off.
The sweater I like it.

Lin said...

Your Sweet Nostalgia is gorgeous o well worth all the work. I do love your domain borders and all the quilting. A lovely finish, well done. The sweater is great too but having used lopi once for a project I have to agree with your comments! Did you catch any of that nasty storm that went through UK yesterday or were you enough south to miss it? Good to hear from you. xx

Lin said...

Gosh, predictive text is a pain! I meant diamond borders!!

Jane in Cumbria said...

You have been busy! The quilt looks beautiful, and I love the sweater!

Unknown said...

Considerably, this post is really the sweetest on this notable topic. I harmonise with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the phenomenal clarity in your writing. I will directly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Admirable work and much success in your business dealings!  Please excuse my poor English as it is not my first tongue.

Cccam Server

Jen said...

Hello Paula, Sweet Nostalgia is beautiful so much work. You have been busy with your projects. Lovely knitted sweater. nice to see you on here.

Karen said...

Wow! Wow! Fabulous finish! Well worth the time it took. Beautiful sweater for your son, love the pattern.

Unknown said...

hi! I'm having trouble locating that book you mentioned by Jon Einarsson. Do you think you could direct me in the right direction so I can find a copy or even some PDFs online? Thanks