Sunday

Quilt, knit, dye


This beautiful yarn from Pickles in Norway 

is 100% wool and silk mohair

And this is what it turned into,
a coat with a twist at the back.
I'm rather happy with the outcome.

This is a quilt top for my grandson (the pianist), 
was supposed to be Christmas present, but will be a birthday present.
No time to finish it before Christmas.

This block filled my chart, (on the right) JustTakes2.


Making dye for wool.

Birch, Wild thyme and Mint.

I've  signed up for New Years Day Mystery Quilt - Time Flies.
It is free at Craftsy.com but one can
donate to fundraising for cancer, which I think is a good thing.

Have you watched Downton Abbey?
Well, I bought the series at Amazon and just started on disk one,
 and I must say, I'm loving it.

Have a lovely week

Paula








5 comments:

Lin said...

Hello Paula - well, where do I start - at the beginning of course! Love your wool and the twist back coat is gorgeous!Your houseblock is great and that herbal brew looks interesting - what colour does it give. Spotted you on the Fall MQ facebook site - I have not signed up for the New Years Day MQ as we will be away and yes, I LOVE Downton Abbey, counting the days to the Christmas special. I hope you love it too - enjoy. xx

Aunt 'Reen said...

Just LOVE how that twist coat turned out using that beautiful yarn! Your knitting skills are exquisite!

Your grandson's quilt is going to make a fabulous birthday gift!

Such a pretty house block and I enjoy seeing your dye batch brewing! I hope you show us something you create from that dye batch!

Dorothy said...

Paula, I aboslutely love the sweater you made. The design is stunning!

Happy to see you finished your "Sweet Nostalgia" quilt. It looks wonderful.

Karen said...

Beautiful coat Paula, love the colour. Wonderful music quilt and the dye pot looks good enough to eat! Yes, I have the Downton Abbey series and for Christmas I received the Larkrise to Candleford series. Not sure which one to watch first.

Berglind said...

Vá hvað þetta er falleg peysa! :)